Rijon Charne has a diverse litigation practice, focusing on business and real estate litigation, as well as PAGA violations. Rijon has experience in both state and federal courts in the areas of banking, securities, partnership disputes, business torts, contract disputes and class actions. She also has experience in title insurance law, property ownership disputes, and real estate fraud.
Prior to joining LevatoLaw, Rijon worked as in-house counsel to a consumer goods company, where she strategized and negotiated contracts with major chain retailers, and advised on the company’s intellectual property issues.
While attending the University of San Diego School of Law, Rijon was a semi-finalist in both the Civil Rights and Liberties Emory Moot Court Competition and Child Welfare and Adoption Law Capital Moot Court Competition.
Rijon grew up in Johannesburg, South Africa and immigrated to America when she was 14 years old. She loves to travel, play the piano, spend time with her family and enjoys training her cockapoo, Kuna.
- Represented private money lenders in ownership disputes.
- Represented homeowners in a civil action whereby a prior owner unsuccessfully attempted to transfer a home without fully repaying the prior owner’s liens encumbering the property.
- Represented homeowners in a civil action whereby a prior owner’s lender failed to reconvey its lien.
- Represented an individual in a partnership dispute with family members over the ownership of the family’s commercial real estate business.
- Represented a Chinese manufacturing company and its US affiliate in litigation involving breach of contract and fraud.
- Defended a CEO and CFO of a medical corporation who were illegally terminated without payment of wages.